Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"Rainy Days and Mondays"......

Well, unlike the song, I can't say that I get depressed or that the weather really affects me too much.  Yesterday started off okay, but then the wind picked up, and clouds rolled in, bringing along lots of lightning and thunder, and it started to rain cats and dogs (figuratively, of course!).  Lightning does scare me when it's really close.  Big huge bolts accompanied by an ear deafening CRACK!  Usually that's the time I head for cover, whether it's in the closet, or under the bed, until Lady reassuringly calls me out.  Even then I don't assume it's safe, and cautiously wait until I don't hear any more thunder. But today was the first time I've been in our new apartment that the wind was so gusty Lady had to shut all the windows.  And I saw something aside from the rain, that I have never seen before in my life:  golf ball sized ice falling from the sky!  I watched them as they hit the ground and the cars below, disappearing as they smashed into smithereens.  It was fascinating to watch, but I don't think Lady felt the same way as she exclaimed, "Oh no!  Hail!!" And so it came down in buckets for most of the afternoon and right on into the evening even after Master came home from wherever it is he spends the day at.  I'm glad Lady didn't go out, it didn't look very safe outside!  And that makes me glad that both my masters keep me protected inside.
The rain apparently stopped overnight, but I woke up to it being cloudy and overcast.  Not to mention a little on the cool side!  Since the windows were open I sought warmth by curling up under the covers!
Speaking of cold, being a Florida kitty, and an indoor one at that, I never had to worry about being cold.  Lady would always crank the heat on for us.  Once I moved out here, however, I realized it got a LOT colder than in Florida!  One day, about a month after I had moved out here, Lady was talking excitedly to Master.  The next thing I knew, they put me on this leash and took me out of the apartment!  It was the first time I'd been outside since I moved to Oklahoma!  Of course I was a bit scared, but excited too!  They let me sniff around in the sunroom a bit before opening the front entryway door.  I was too afraid to go out on my own, so Master picked me up and set me outside.  Whoa!!!!!  Immediately something was different...there was this cold white powder on the ground where I would think nice leafy green grass would be!  It was weird to step on it, my paws sunk right in!! And what was this?!?!  More white powdery stuff was falling from the sky!  It was landing on my coat and getting me wet!!!  I wasn't too sure I liked it, Master and Lady thought it was hilarious.  But I was enjoying sniffing around and checking things out.  So much so that I didn't want to go back inside!  You can check out my 'snowventure' on Youtube!  And I would love it if you subscribe!  :)

Well, after awaking from a cozy little catnap, the sun is trying to come out, but I don't know if it will.  I've already done some nice long stretches, time to run around the apartment and let off some energy!  I used to love doing that when I lived in Florida - I would run from one end of the house clear over to the garage, sliding on the slippery kitchen tile floor and almost running into the cat door!  Such fun memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment