Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A few words on Cat Safety.....

I was just reflecting today on something that happened a couple of years ago, in fact, when I was still a kitten.  It happened innocently enough, I was nosying around in the garage and stepped in something by accident.  The something I later learned was some gasoline that had leaked from the lawn mower onto the garage floor.  As soon as it happened, my reaction was to start licking this smelly and bitter tasting fuel from my paws.  I started to feel sick.  I went back into the house and immediately Lady and Master could smell gas.  When they realized the source they went into the garage and panicked, because they didn't know if I'd ingested any or how much. I heard as they made a few phone calls, then Lady picked me up and I realized I was going for another car ride.  It was dark outside, and I rode on Lady's lap.  I wanted to tell them I wasn't feeling sick any more, but even if I could I don't think that would have convinced them not to take me to the Cat Hospital.  After examining me, the Doctor told Master and Lady that I would be fine.  They were so relieved.
Lesson learned:  All pet owners should "animal proof" their home as you would baby or child proof it.  I'm listing a couple of good links for you.  Needless to say, I never stepped in that foul-smelling stuff again!!

Cat First Aid
Cat Safety Tips
more Cat Safety Tips
Kitten Proofing Your Home

No comments:

Post a Comment